For your free no obligation consultation, enquire today!
If you've decided to get new blinds for your windows, there are generally two options available: off the shelf and made to measure. Off the shelf are the ready made ones, produced to a standard size, packed and set to be installed on your windows. The made to measure blinds are specially created for your windows. With a wide range of fabrics and patterns available, you can design your own made to measure blinds.
Measuring your window for new blinds couldn't be easier...
Here is what you need:
- A metal tape measure.
- A pen and paper to write down the sizes.
Cloth tapes are not recommendable in this situation as they can easily bend and provide inaccurate sizes.
You can measure your window in centimetres, millimetres or inches.
Measure the exact size outside your windows recess
- Measure the width from the point where you want the blind to allow the overlap – normally 10-15cm in each side. This is your exact width, note it down.
- Measure the length from the point where you want the blind to allow the overlap – normally 10-15cm top and bottom. This is your exact length, note it down.
Your blind will be made by following the exact measured sizes and no allowances will be made.
Measure the recess size inside your windows recess
- Measure the inside width of your window in three places and note down the shortest size. This is your recess width.
- Measure the drop or length of your windows in three places and note down the shortest size. This is your recess length.
The recess size will be reduced to make sure that your made to measure blind fits within your window's opening.
Tips for measuring your windows for vertical slats
If you are getting new vertical slats, you have to measure and calculate the overall finished hem to hem size. Start measuring from under the hook where the vertical slat will hang from.
Tips for measuring your windows for roller blinds
When you are measuring your windows for roller blinds, please note that the width of the cloth or fabric will be 3cm narrower than the exact width of the blind. Therefore, measure the recess as above and place the order as an exact size.
Measure your windows and choose your perfect made to measure blinds from Newton-Le-Willows Blinds & Curtains
If you need further assistance when measuring your windows, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist you. Choose from a wide range of patterns, fabrics and types of made to measure blinds and create an even more special atmosphere in your home. Call us today on 01925 653 971 or send us an email at email@example.com and we will be pleased to discuss your requirements.